Friday, February 12, 2016

COLD WEATHER CARD FOR GDP #022

Thank you for stopping by ☺

Today's card I made for the sketch challenge at:
  

I also received inspiration from the weather we are having... below zero.. frigid, which made me think of ice.    The stamp set is from lawn fawn, and so is the printed background paper I thought it tied in well with words like "sweater weather"  which then led me  to use an embossing folder that made me think of a weaved sweater. ahh..,, the process is very real.. haha.. oh and I must not forget the cute clip up top.. and while mentioning that I noticed yet again in the picture (after the fact) that the sentiment is not straight.  I chose to leave it. Because I want to make sure "they" know it's homemade and not hallmark.  (I really think there should be a stamp that says that)  So that's my take on the sketch. 

Please stop back again soon.
☺Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping☺

10 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card- love the walrus image- welcome to blogging by the way- just an FYI there are companies that make stamps that say "handmade by.........". Check out The Stampin' Place. That's where I bought mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary ~Thank you for the kind words and following my blog.. Golly gee that makes me so happy.. I'm so excited to hear there is a stamp out there that says that. I will look into the Stampin' Place. Thank you again. Blessings.

      Delete
  2. This card is sooo cute - I love the walrus!! We are in minus temps as well which I hate!! Your sentiment is fine - don't be so hard on yourself! I remember that I did see a stamp once that said this is not a Hallmark card. I think it was at a stamp show. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my for the sweet words you are so kind. I just can't see the problem in my cards until after the picture is posted.. UGH.. I guess that's a good thing (maybe) I am so on the search for that "hallmark stamp" now .. and I hope you stay warm too.. this kind of weather just makes the pain worse for me at least ☺ Have a blessed Sunday

      Delete
  3. The walrus is so sweet and adorable! Great combination of colors and patterns. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one made me laugh, such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it. I got a kick out of it too :) Have a happy day. thank you for the comment.. stop back soon.

      Delete
  5. I am playing catch up looking at the Global Design Project entries from last week! so much fun - as a Canadian I need a "ICE" stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krista~Thanks for popping by. Yes indeed you do need an "ice" stamp :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~