Wednesday, May 24, 2017

RRCB63~Color My World with Bold Blossom

 I'm going to play along again with Retro Rubber Challenge.  I enjoy bringing the old stamps out.  Sometimes I wonder if they are made with better quality.  Just seems to me that the new ones are going to not last quite as long.  Anyways this beauty is from stampin up 1997 and is called Bold Blossom.  The challenge is color.  We are to use  lime green, yellow, purple and blue.  So for some reason it made me think tropical.  I grabbed my aqua painter and some inks and came up with this lovely card.   Of course I tried it on a sample card that I also shared a picture of.  I really like the horizontal look better.. and how the lime green and black background makes everything pop so nicely.  I fussy cut out the flower and glued it down and added some glitter with my wink of stella pen.  Great colors to work with.     By the way.. 
which card do you like best?
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit today.  I sure do enjoy reading your comments.
Keep Smiling 😊Keep Stamping.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, PJ, please don't make us pick a favorite! They are both wonderful and uses the color challenge beautifully. That stamp is as old as my daughter! LOL Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and I always love seeing you in our gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PJ, I can't choose, both cards are a wonderful and beautiful take on our color challenge.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, we always love to see you in our gallery, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bright, tropical take you've used on the challenge. The horizontal stripes put me in mind of a sunset over the water. Great stamp: it's one I've never seen before so thanks for sharing it at Retro Rubber. Good to see you with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PJ, I agree that the first card pops with color and is my favorite of the two (although the second one is pretty with the blue backdrop!). I also wonder if older stamps are more durable, but you can't go wrong with red rubber!! Fussy cutting the flower was certainly worth the "fuss" and with the wink of stella. Thanks so much for playing along with our color challenge this week... love seeing you in our gallery!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~