Friday, October 20, 2017

Tuesday Morning Sketches #425~Oriental

I made this card for the challenge at: 
I decided to take  my card on an oriental trip.   I think black and red work so lovely with this idea.  The color of gold would have been fabulous too, but I didn't have anything like that on hand.  I do have gold embossing powder, but I'm not very good with that technique. So I stuck with stamping.  I carried the bamboo through on 4 of the tiny squares, I like how it ties it together.  I then stamped the sentiments making sure I placed them right side up according to the stampin  up box.   Because I have no idea what they say, but wanted to make sure it was at least the right way.    I'm sure it's a lovely word/phrase.  I'm pretending it's Peace and Hope (my favorite word)  The vase I stamped and colored then cut it out to cover up my mistake I made.  Always have to make a mistake or smudge with my cards.  *sigh.

I'm happy to say that my daughter went with me to Yonkers and we were able to find a plus size cardigan type sweater that  I can wear to the wedding.   Just a few more things to get and I will finally (Praise the LORD) have an outfit to wear. 
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Please consider following my blog.  
That would be awesome
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.

7 comments:

  1. Oh PJ this is stunning!! I love the Oriental style and your bold contrasting colors are fabulous!! Thanks so much for creating with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! Perfect color combo too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card!! Looks perfect!! (I think we are all our own worst critic!!)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning SketchesTuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW PJ, I LUV this card. I really like all things oriental, and you've picked lovely images to use. I also like the red, black and white color palette. I often use that same color palette when using oriental images. A++, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Oriental trip! Your card turned out great!! So glad you were able to find a sweater for the wedding! It will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the colors and a touch of gold would have been nice, but it's nice just the way it is, too. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the use of an asian theme. Like the vase too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~